This contribution records the IP address for each order placed on your site. Here is a quick rundown of how it works:
- The customer's IP is grabbed during the checkout process
- The customer is informed that their IP has been recorded for security purposes at the checkout confirmation page. This can be removed if preferred.
- The IP is stored along with the rest of the info for that particular Order ID
- The IP is displayed in the orders edit, invoice and packing slip pages..
- Clicking on the IP in the orders page will display a site with details about the IP.