All our web hosting accounts have the ability to support multiple domain names
pointing to separate directories (web sites) within your main account. We call such
domains multi-hosted domains.
Multi-hosted domain support is ideal for webmasters, Internet marketers, and anyone
else who runs multiple sites but does not require each site to be on a separate
Here are some important details about multi-hosted domains:
- Multi-hosted domains function just like any other domain from the visitor's browser's
point of view. If you have a multi-hosted domain "multihosted.com" and your visitor types
"www.multi_hosted.com" into the browser, the browser's address bar will show
"http://www.multi_hosted.com" and not "http://www.main_domain.com/multihosted".
If your visitor navigates to another page, the browser will accordingly show
"http://www.multi_hosted.com/anotherpage.html", just like it should.
- The first 5 multi-hosted domains are free (excluding domain registration and renewal
fees), while subsequent ones are available at $15/one-time per domain (excluding domain
registration and renewal fees).
- Multi-hosted domains are not the same as multiple domain parking (pointing multiple
domains to the front page of your main domain), a separate feature that allows you to park
as many domains as you like.
- All multi-hosted domain names share the same IP address, control panel, disk space,
data transfer, MySQL databases and other resources provided in your main account.
- Multi-hosted domains do not have their own POP email accounts. However, each
multi-hosted domain comes with a catch-all address that automatically forwards all
incoming email to your main domain's POP account.
- Multi-hosted domains, unlike your main account domain, cannot have their own
subdomains (subdomain.multi_hosted.com) or SSL certificates.
If you have additional questions about multiple domain hosting, please
. and we'll help you out.